Before agreeing to access services from a private in-home care service provider, there are a number of questions you should ask to find out if that provider is the right fit for you.
Some questions you may consider asking are:
- Can the service provider provide you with all of the services that you want and need?
- How often can you access these services and can they be provided when you want them including on weekends and in the evening?
- Does the service provider allow for any cultural, religious, disability or gender sensitivities that you may have?
- How does the company vet their employees and service providers? What background checks do they do and can they provide you with any associated accreditations or qualifications for their care staff and allied-health professionals?
- How often do they assess the skills of their workers and are spot checks done as part of the assessment?
- How regularly are plans reviewed and is the provider readily available to discuss any concerns you have with your caregivers or allied health professionals?
- What is the process for adjusting care hours for changing needs if required?
- Is there a waiting list for the provision of your services and if so what can be done to assist you in the meantime?
- Does the provider have plans in place to deal with emergencies?
- What are the hourly rates for the various allied health or personal in-home care services that you would like to access?
- What fees does the service provider charge for administration and case management?
- How frequently does the service provider bill? Ask if you can see an example of how financial statements are presented to determine how easy they are to understand and if details of unspent funds are provided on the bill
- Is the provider prepared to work with you so you are empowered to take more control of how and where your funds are spent?
- If you are eligible, ask the service provider if they are a registered provider of Aged Home Care Packages or if applicable, are they registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme?*
If you are not happy with any of the answers provided, shop around with different providers until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.
Once you are satisfied, you will then be in a position to choose a service provider to work with you to develop a plan that will help you maximize the benefits you get from your services.
Colbrow Care is a provider of quality private home care services and private home nursing in both Sydney and Melbourne. We are also registered provider for the NDIS and an accredited provider of government funded Home Care Packages.
We can answer any questions you have in regards to accessing home care services and we will work with you to ensure you get the maximum possible entitlements and benefits so that you enjoy the lifestyle that you want.
If you’d like to know more about how you can benefit from private homecare or nursing or would like to discuss your particular circumstances;
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 33 11 03
Colbrow Care, Your Home, Your Life, Your Choice