Private nurse and private disability supports are services available to everyone. For those who don’t qualify for the NDIS or other government funding, private care is an option. As it is for those who choose not to go through all the assessments and paperwork necessary to receive funding. Some clients engage private services to “top-up” their care hours. They may already be receiving a Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) or Home Care Package, and want more care hours. Whatever the case may be, Colbrow Care can provide you with a private nurse and private disability support service. Clearly, such services will help you stay well and independent in your own home, for as long as possible.
A private nurse or private disability support service, offers personalised one on one care for a range of medical issues. It seems likely, when needing prolonged nursing care, having a consistent and personalised home nursing team can improve outcomes. Initially, Colbrow Care will meet with you to understand your preferences, goals and care needs. Finally, we match your needs with the services that will help you achieve your goals.
A private nurse has advantages
Knowing what your care needs are before engaging a new service helps ensure your needs will be met. Subsequently, consider these points when thinking about private care:
- Personal care needs will be met:
- The most appealing aspect of engaging the services of a private nurse or private disability service is that your or your loved one’s care needs will be met, with guaranteed one on one support.
- Being able to remain at home:
- The truth is most older Australians want to be able to age well in their own home, or recover from illness or injury whilst being in the familiar surrounds and comforts of their own home.
- Being reminded to take medications:
- It’s easy to forget taking medication on time and ensure scripts are refilled. A private nurse will give medication reminders and can administer medications, including those that require injections or an IV.
- Qualified supervision whilst enabling as much independence as is possible:
- Knowing that a private nurse or private disability support service is in place gives peace of mind for spouses and other family members. Rather than being confined to a residential aged care facility, remaining at home with the support of a private nurse promotes independence.
Private disability services
As the consumer, you dictate your private nursing service. You might need help getting ready for the day or more regular support with getting the shopping done. Maybe some assistance with household chores or personal care? Private nursing support can also include help with meal planning and preparation, as well as nursing care. Perhaps you need transport to engage in community activities or simply to visit a friend.
Or, you may need 24-hour round-the-clock nursing care. Colbrow Care can provide you with the care to meet your needs. Your situation may demand complex medical and nursing care which we can readily support with our highly specialised registered nurses. We can support you in those areas you’re finding challenging or unmanageable due to ageing or disability.
Often family members and close friends are involved in your care but seldom get a much-needed break. Respite for carers is so important. We can provide respite to those who support you, so they can also look after themselves. Family worry when ageing parents or grandparents are alone, but an in-home private nurse can reduce the worry.
Whatever support services you need to enjoy life, exercise your independence, and maintain your social and community connections, Colbrow Care will help you reach your goals.
Private home care support
Private home care support is often an appealing option for ageing Australians and those living with disability. Applying for and maintaining government funding schemes is time consuming and often frustrating. Many families choose not to invest time and energy into applying. The assessments required by the government and funding schemes such as the NDIS, TAC and WorkSafe Victoria are extensive.
These schemes provide essential financial support for thousands of Australians. However, once qualified they also require ongoing management and often lengthy waiting lists. If you do have the financial means, private home care support will exceed expectations. Moreover, we guarantee you a one on one personalised service dictated by you.
Private disability service providers
Colbrow Care are strong advocates of Consumer Directed Care (CDC). CDC gives you control of how, when and by whom your services are delivered. We are flexible and responsive to your changing needs. Furthermore, our vast array of services can be tailored to meet your individual needs, without exception.
Private disability service providers like us, can provide you exceptional service for a couple of hours to full time one on one care.